a bit more NYC



Sandcastlen






The Carlyle 


Pola-pop, pola-pop




Sunset

Again with the neckbrace scarf

Thumbs up for Times Square

If only the railings weren't there.... 
The George Washington Bridge


Me

'scuse the chins, Americas been rough

It was meant to snow the day we were leaving...




Them water things always remmind me of nn-nn-nn-nn, nn-nn-nn-nn, nn-nn-nn-nn BATMAN!



Where was I? New York, right. So! Ummm...what we did Mon/Tues/Weds: A lot of Central Park playground time with the kiddies, we went to 3 different play area all on our side of the park, super handy as the park is only a block from the hotel, which was the Carlyle, fanciest thing I've ever been to. There was a man in the lift and everything. 22nd floor please. And if you caught a taxi back, they'd come open your door and grab your bag, take you inside. Oh, I'm such a commoner. It was exciting. We went to Central Park Zoo, where the kids movie Madagascar is set, and I'm sure I'm the last person to know this, BUT! There are no lions, giraffe or zebra at this zoo. FACT! There are penguins, however.

Greer came over to the hotel to hang while I was babysitting, and brought me Chipotle.  Yum! Tho while eating it, I kept thinking of that episode of South Park....and when I finished we went to Times Square to get some tourist shots of me in the Big Apple. Then to a four (or five?) story forever 21. Mental.

The next day we went to Nyew Jyersy to visit one of the godparents. Holy-bighouseland. Giant mansions galore. We spent the day there, with the kiddies being spoilt rotten with sweets and treats, which made
for a fun evening getting them all to bed hahaha. Again Greer came to hang, and we had another fun evening of catching up and watching hilarious videos of Kristen Wiig on SNL. Afterwards we went back to Greers house/Greers living room bed to have a beer and I got to meet Sookie, her flatmates snaggle-toothed hilarious wee dog. I couldn't stop laughing at the snaggle tooth. She'd just stare at you with these manic eyes and the wee snaggle hanging out. Cute as hell tho, don't get me wrong. It was like this:


Oddly enough when I googled 'snaggletooth' I mainly got pictures of Kirsten Dunst. Anyway, the nexxxxxxt day was the last, and we headed out to the Natural History Museum. Greer was meeting us there, and when she txt saying she was here, I told her we were in the African section...cut a txt conversation short, turns out she was at the Met which is across the park looking in the African section for us. We managed to meet up tho, but it was a tad annoying cos about 5 of the halls were closed. It was really cool, not quite as cool a building as we have here in London -oooooozingamerica - but heaps of wicked stuff. We barely scratched the surface tho, Imna have to go back to New York on my own time and get to all the places like that properly. I did get a rather sweet dinosaur skeleton t-shirt. We left to get lunch which was right outside, some little kart selling kebab type things (so delicious, I'm sure it was hard to watch me scoff it down like I'd not been fed for 8 days) Then check out time, and we head down to granny Paula's where I was staying, to wait out the time till we go to the airport. 3 gals in the bed watching Barbie's Diamond Castle masterpiece of a movie. Almost like old times for me and Greer, bar the 4 year old girl sitting between us. Then we say our goodbyes BOOOO and it's off to the airport. Gosh I just love these business class lounges they have. My boss ducks out to the 'loo' and comes back with a bag of presents for me. Did I mentionnnnnn my job is great? Then onto the plane where we have our little sleeper bed things, and since it's 10pm the kiddies both drop off to sleep before we take off. I get my little care package, a hot chocolate and some chewy choc chip bikkies and start watching a movie set in New York. I wake up about 30 minutes from landing, and the children don't wake up until we have landed and have to hop off. Easiest 11 hour flight I've ever taken. And HELLLLLLOOOOOO LONDON! And SAM! And the QUEEN! Nah.

Bonus is, we're going back!

Photobucket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Isle of Colonsay

Barcelona, my darling