que no és acceptable per a mi






the JM of Spain

how I managed to get no people in this picture amazes me...


sweet roof




geezers






Wow. So my last 4 days in Spain...here's up until I left in the car. That will come later.

Simon and co make it to the apartment, well after the Grudge 2 has ended, and without toooo much hassle. After a slowish kinda start we catch the metro to the Sagrada Familia, get all awed and ooh and aahd, then go to line up to go inside...the line is at least 400 strong and around a corner, well around the corner infact. We decide to go get lunch before tackling the beast, but then after lunch the line is possibly longer, goes right round into the shade - it's been fantastically sunny and hot the whole time I've been here -  so we decide to come back the next morning at opening time, 9am, and today we will go to Parc Güell and sit in the sun and perhaps have some beers. The view from the park is excellent, you can see right down into Barcelona, Montjuïc, landmarks left right and centre. We end up walking around the non-famous part and then going home to have a beer on the balcony. Cue raucous drunk adventure to Robert's (property manager of the apartment) bar across the road. It's funny how a few drinks makes you think you can speak a different language. That's where the title of this post comes from. The one phrase we knew, that is not acceptable to me. Or, which is even funnier, put a  fake spanish accent on you english words, reckoning it'd help...it wan't my doing, but still hilarity. 


So obviously that meant the next day VERY slow to begin. I even managed to squeeze in HP #3. And the Dark Phoenix Saga of the old X-men cartoon. And cooking ribs, chicken nibbles and reeeeally weird things that were supposed to be deep fried...we made it to Parc Güell again, and went to see all the crazyness lurking around this time. Very cool. Then this funny thing happened, I tried to be lazy and not want to walk back up the hill...so we went to catch a bus...we went to far on the bus, didn't get off when we were supposed to, and had to walk further. Lesson learnt. 


A bit more X-men cartoon, then off out for tea. Mixed seafood paella please, and bring on the tapas. YUM! Never thought I'd be one to jump on the seafood bandwagon, but hey, I guess I'm a late bloomer. 


Sagrada Familia try #2. 9.15am. Line is equally if not longer than the other day. Pass. So I take the folks on a walk to the Casa Batllo, say my goodbyes and head to the car rental pick up place. Let the Christmas roady begin. 


UNTIL NEXT YEAR!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Isle of Colonsay

Barcelona, my darling

Bristol bike trip