And on I go...
The new pad
After going back to London for a weekend full of beer, cider, op-shopping , Frisbee, flapjack eating, houmous (yes that's how its spelt here) dipping and canal walking, I was to go up to Aubourn for the Monday night, before setting off for Scotland on the Tuesday. It really went far too quick, me and Sam went out for lunch on Sunday which was yuuum, and then we went shopping so Sam could get a netbook.
On Saturday night we went out to a club-place in elephant and castle, which is about 3 minutes from Guy and Sophies. Sam is now sold on the area. It was interesting tho, as when we got home, back to the family I work fors house, I thought my key wasn't working. Hmm, odd. Try the other lock. Nope that one isn't working either. OH NO THEYVE LEFT FOR AUBOURN AND LOCKED ME OUT WHAT AM I TO DO OH WOE IS ME AND SAM! After fumbling about trying various locks and keys I decide it would be ok to ring the doorbell of the polish house keeper who’s just moved in next door. She’s lovely and will understand. She thinks I'm a stray looter trying to find out if anyone is home, and her and her boyfriend are downstairs with a knife and spray perfume calling the police. Oh dear. (I talked to her the next day you see) Anywho, I figure out there is another lock up the top of the door I haven’t tried, and voila, we are in. Up stairs and in to bed yay. 10 minutes later I swear I hear someone rummaging round downstairs, and I'm thinking holy shitballs someones come robbing us, so I sneak out to the hallway and look downstairs to find the lights on and 2 police men standing at the bottom of the steps. Ahh.......what’s going on? Yes I live here, this is my room right here, why are you here? The next-door neighbour pops her head around the corner and confirms that no I am not a rando burglar and I am the nanny, and everything is fine. Police apologise and leave. Poor girl next door! I go over the next day and say sorry a million times, but I thought we were stuck and and and I really am sorry gal.
But anyway. Train ride was nice and quick, it was from Kings Cross station and I didn’t even go see platform 9 ¾, which I'm sure was behind a work in progress wall, cos I did see the signs for it. Next time Hogwarts express, next time. We drive up to this place, and after being in Herefordshire and staying in the massive place, seeing the sisters massive place, I was imagining some normal house to be staying in. Well, how wrong was I. Another giant estate. More swimming pools and tennis courts. Its a pity I'm working, but holy moly, just holy-friggin-moly. Apparently the husbands family have lived in this house since 1630 or something, and its amazing as heck, but you can tell its wuite old, mainly cos the stairs are on a bit of a lean. Meh, I’d own it and love it.
They have 2 kids here already, and their nanny Frankie had our day planned when I arrived. Sweet stuff. She is the same age as me, is a nanny, is married with a house and a 2 year old. How different we are. Anyway, the lot of us went swimming, and went to an indoor funpark place, which is like Junglerama in Wellington. Those places are so handy for kids burning up all their insane amounts of energy. It was a good day all round. Tomorrow is going to be tough, driving to Scotland, well most of the way I think, then onto the ferry across to the island. Hope that goes well! And hopes you enjoyed the photos anyway...
Comments