back to it!

oh my ghaaad so after not posting the rest of my amazing holiday with mum, like, the rest of France, Barcelona and (OMG) Marrakech, I managed to busy myself every weekend with amazing funtimes and put off the writing for yonks. Until now! Getting it together whilst on the first of many working weeks/weekends running together. So! Back to France...



I foolishly didn't take my own advice from the last time we were here and failed to book tickets to the Eiffel tower, and so could only get one. ONE. Go me. So, I took mum down there in the morning, sent her up, and went off to find myself a perch while she did the massive queue and climb to see the views. Which were obviously amaze, as it was a nice clear day. We arranged to meet up a couple hours later at a chair at the bottom, and of course I was early and she was late so I got to watch the people for a while, and think of all the silly ways to say no to the people who come round trying asking if you want to support their bogus causes. Eh.

Then we walked the long way (and by long I mean wrong and then wrong again hahaha) to the Musée d'Orsay, and took Matt and Lucys advice of heading straight to the top and slowly working your way down. Big win there. You get to see all the goods at the top, then as your energy and attention span starts to wain there's some trippy furniture to regroup on, and then get back into it round the bottom. Or I guess not be lazy and in a hurry and you'll be right. 

So then we went to the train station where our overnight train to Barcelona was leaving from, and sat in a Maccas using wifi until it was time hahaha. So classy whilst in France. Oh well. On to Barcelona! And to be honest, I hardly took any photos while I was there, just some candid hey-we-got-ourselves-sangrias and a classic el-raval-looking-up-at-crammed-housing shots. Mum had her birthday while we were there HAPPY BARCELONA BIRTHDAY MUM!!! Which this AWESOME photo is from:


Makes me a tad sad thinking of how much fun that was and how I got to show my mum around my favourite places in the world. Ugh. Holidaying, what's it like. Oh how I do love Barcelona. Now I've been there a few times and for good amounts of days I can get around without really trying, so I think I'll have to go live there one day. We rented a little apartment off Wimdu again, which was cool, I had the ladys link to it but have since lost it as I suck, which was a shame as I totally would stay there again. It was on the top floor of the building and aside from the pokiest little bathroom (as per always in Barca/Spain?) On the last day we went down to the Barceloneta area where the beach is, and randomly stumbled upon the fishermans festival, which had the whole area cordoned off and 'pods' of dressed up singers and dancers. It was pretty funtimes. 

Ok. So, there I go again. I'll skip right on over to Morocco next time. WOOHOO!!!

Comments

Marg said…
Was the best birthday, to spend it with you in Barcelona Lan...Wow it all seems like a dream...Love you Lan, thanx for being you xxxxxxx

Popular posts from this blog

Isle of Colonsay

Barcelona, my darling

OOOOO day two...434 photos later...